Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Monday, December 08, 2008
I was recently presented by Wendy with this "honest scrap" award. The original idea was to list 10 honest things about yourself. I knew, however, that I'd be writing an essay instead. Coming up with a topic took a while, but thanks to a Facebook chat I had with my schoolmate Tim and to some brainstorming in the shower, I am ready to write.
Friday, December 05, 2008
Well, except I'm not getting paid.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
In Southern California:
Tuesday, December 02, 2008
Larry is in California this week. (Thankfully I have all of you to fill the void of my evenings!) Anyway, I just got an email sent from his cell phone. This is not in itself very strange. He knows I'm more likely to be at my computer than I am to hear my cell. He sent a photo he'd taken. Also not strange. I often get pictures of ridiculous things he sees for my entertainment. But what I got was this:
Friday, November 28, 2008
Ok, well, not exactly. But we did solve the mystery of Stinky Pete. I originally posted about this almost an entire month ago, and the, er, trouble had been going on for a little under two weeks at that point. It's been a while, and I'm so relieved, if not a little grossed out, to have figured it out.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Dracula lived in the shower in the bathroom at the top of my stairs when I was a very little girl. Of course he only lived there when it was dark. His presence made it quite difficult for me to venture to the top floor by myself at night. It also made it hard for me to get to sleep. My bedroom was directly next to the bathroom where Dracula resided, and because of him, I would have nightmares about witches. I would frequently, therefore, drift off to dreamland in the safety of the downstairs living room, where my parents were watching TV. They would carry me, unknowing, up to my room and tuck me in.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Ok, I am now officially swearing off swearing these things off. I guess if I want a spot in the bloggy world I need to play the bloggy game. Thanks to Tink for ABC-tagging me. Link to her survey to find out her super-cool greatest accomplishment. In fact, go do that while I try to come up with something super-cool to say. Go. Now. But please come back.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
How does one go from looking forward to getting older to resenting it in less than two years? If I think about it, the process has actually only taken three months. It began when we moved to Idaho.
Monday, November 17, 2008
I will never cease to be amazed at the influence of trial attorneys and class action lawsuits on product packaging. "Oh, you mean that hot coffee might burn me?" And so it began. And so it continues ...
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Kristina P. was kind enough to ask where I've been this past week. Thank you for noticing my absence. I feel loved.
In an effort to maintain a fair and balanced blog, I am following my modesty post with a post about the boobie shirt.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
I've been brainwashing my kids to be modest since they were walking and talking. I mean, I don't mind sun dresses on babies, but once you're in kindergarten, you need sleeves, little sister. Yes, I'm one of those moms.
Monday, November 03, 2008
I am so excited. It came today in it's plain, brown wrapping. No company is listed in the return address. I appreciate their discretion. I need to hide it under my bed before the kids get home. I'll have to get it out once they're in bed. I can hardly wait! I can show Larry. Although he doesn't usually get into it as much as I do, believe it or not. And because #2 has been stalking my blog, it's not really safe to talk about here ...
Saturday, November 01, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
This post could have been named, "A display of my mediocre photography and inability to successfully integrate text and images." But I guess these photos can speak for themselves.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
It's not often I post twice in a week, let alone in a day. Today, however I am completing an assignment from Fit For Service. I am supposed to write about who I think I am. Not what I do, but who I am. This seems easier on the surface than it is in reality. I'm a pretty introspective person and my self-analysis is generally a muddled, murky sea of memories, regrets, desires, hopes, excuses, embarrassments, pride, and frustration. So I've been thinking all afternoon about how to succinctly convey the essence of myself. Here is what I have come up with.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I had not started off the month intending to develop a #1 theme to my posts, but so it is.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
She entered the world with a perfectly round face, big blue eyes and rosy red lips. Absolutely beautiful. We'd get stopped by strangers for months to tell us our baby looked like a porcelain doll.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Oh boy. A couple of years ago, when I first began writing this blog, I participated in a "tag," noting that I'd not do it again. But I think I am going to. Maybe just this once more.
- I have a tattoo of a bleeding heart flower above my left ankle.
- I have an unhealthy relationship with refined sugar, particularly as an ingredient in chocolate.
- I wish I had minored in Humanities.
- I love Jane Austen Novels. Especially Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion. There are really only a few more, but these are my favorite, and I am usually in the middle of reading one of them--even if I am also reading something else. I wish Jane had written the scriptures, because then I'd have that commandment down pat.
- When I was little, I wanted to be Jewish. I loved the tradition, the symbolism, everything. I felt Mormonism was lacking in those types of things. I've since discovered that it's there in force, just not in daily and weekly worship.
- My favorite number is 2. (Not to be confused with "Number 2," which I do not like so much and have had issues with.) It always has been. I'm not sure why.
- I think I'm relatively talented at a lot of things, but I lack the attention or discipline to really be GREAT at any of it. This bugs me. I wish I had that one "thing" that I did really well. Then I could say in a tag, "I do (insert talent here)," and not feel a little like a fraud.
- (because I just thought of one more) I'm pretty geeky. I love Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, and Numb3rs, scifi, crossword puzzles, and statistics. This is not a great thing when you're in HS. As an adult, it works pretty well.
Thursday, October 09, 2008
The time is 6:53 am. It is still dark. The temperature outside is about 27 degrees Fahrenheit, which is exactly what it was at 6:10 when I first checked it. A cold front is coming in, and we may even get snow flurries on Saturday.